House and Lot For Sale in the Philippines RNV Realty Co. - Lost Land Title replacement
  RNV Realty Co.
  Lost Land Title replacement


What happens when one loses their copy of land title or it gets destroyed by fire, floods or other calamities? Where does one begin? There are two copies of title. One is the Owner's copy. And the other one is the title filed at the Register of Deeds.

If you lose your copy or the owner's copy, you can file a replacement. You have to go through a judicial process. For judicial proceedings, you need to have a lawyer who will represent you in court to prepare the petition because there will be court hearings. The judicial process normally takes six to nine months to complete.

If you lose the title filed at the Register of Deeds, you have two options: Administrative or Judicial.
In the Administrative Proceedings, it is the Land Registration Authority (LRA) who will issue an order to the Register of Deeds to issue a new title. This is much shorter. You don't have to go to court. 

How would you know if you can apply for Administrative or Judicial Proceedings if the copy of the title at the Register of Deeds gets destroyed? Republic Act 6732 or the Administrative Reconstitution Act tells us how. You can apply for Administrative Proceedings if at least ten percent (10%) of the total number of titles or the number of titles is not less than 500 which are lost or damaged. Otherwise, you have to go through judicial.

Homepage          Houses          Condominiums          Farm Lots & Resorts          Commercial          Contact Us

  Copyright @ 1999 RNV Realty Co. All Rights Reserved  
=> Do you also want a homepage for free? Then click here! <=
"Home is where your Heart is."